Well, just when I thought I couldn't think of a single thing to post, I remembered that I had not yet participated in this Blog Awards by Lily Thorn.
Lily is a talented writer, good mother and has the distinction of having re-connected me with a dear college friend. (I am in her debt). And then, she awarded me the Excellent Blog Award, undeserving as I am. But I am appreciative. So I will duly post my most favorite blogs, you may be surprised and you may be horrified but I attempt honesty at this late stage in my life.
1. Steve Skojec- he has taken on the responsibilities of family life imbued with Catholicism. He struggles, he sweats, he bleeds, he is human but without all the self pitying blogging that I abhor. (and yes I have been banned from that blog)
2. Brocante Home- a transcendant writer who has struggled and continues to make life beautiful for her own family and those of us enraptured with her writing. She writes for the "Traditional Housewife who keeps a perfect home." As if.
3. The Crescat- in spite of an earlier disagreement, I have come to expect the highest level quality of images of the saints, religious life, and you know all that good Catholic stuff).
4. Maryskeys- uncompromising and "take no prisoners" in her theology and Catholicism. What more is there to say?
5. Orwell's Picnic- ah Hilary, this reminds me of the song in "The Sound of Music" How do you catch a cloud and pin it down? Well, Hilary is a writer for Lifesite, brutally honest (and there is no exaggeration in this statement!). She is "Liveblogging the Apocalypse". And why not?
She is "English, Catholic, Conservative and not at all sorry". N.B. I am not currently banned from this blog.
I'll do the other 5 tomorrow.