I'm watching the game right now and we are at the top of the 7th inning. The Red Sox, who I had pretty much written off, are winning. But I am wondering a few things-
1. What is it with the extensive NECKWEAR???? One player appears to be wearing his mother's string of pearls. Maybe her 50s pumps were not his size? And pitcher Josh Beckett seems to be wearing something woven and of hemp with a heart cut out attached.
2. Poor, poor Terry Franconia. He keeps his head down, chews gums with jaws working like the shafts that power the wheels of a locomotive. How does he relax, if ever?
3. Why are the Cleveland fans waving towels or washclothes or barkeep rags or ...something? The Pittsburgh Steelers tried that. It was a failure.
4. There is a short in our living room light. In this house it's not surprising. But you know that your husband is a gadget/mad scientist/inventor type when your son asks if Dad programmed the living room to turn on and off when someone walks in and out of the room. (Oh that, and your son is as clueless as only teenage boys can be).
5. Just saw the beer commercial when the guys bring bottles of beer into an opera and watch helplessly as the opera singer makes the bottles crack. That's funny. And only 1 in 10 beer commercials are.
6. And what are the little goatee, goatee-wanna-bes, tufts of hair growing haphazardly on player's faces? They remind me of the little pencils with stiff brush attached that we used to use to brush away the eraser shavings when we were typing. In other words, "not a look". That's one thing (of many)that I love about the military- no beards or facial hair.
7. Beckett seems to be a good pitcher but is a lousy fielder. He just got an error. If he blows the game it won't matter how many strikes he threw- ya know?
8. Why doesn't Boston have anyone warming up in the Bullpen? It's the bottom of the 7th.
9.Why am I staying up so late to watch this game? The lack of sleep will surely wreck havoc with my looks. I need my beauty sleep- let me assure you.
10. Do the Red Sox players who are drumming with empty water bottles know that it is a law in Massachusetts that you hav to recycle?
11. I still don't understand naming your son Coco Crisp. And I don't care what country you're from.