Wednesday, December 19, 2007

At the very top of my Christmas list



My husband just emailed me from work to ask if he could get me these "boots" for Christmas. No. He isn't kidding. I'm only surprised they don't have fringe and lights that blink and rhinestones. These must be the toned down version of what he really wanted to get me for Christmas. I don't know what website he found these on and I have a strong feeling that I don't want to know. Wasn't it St Augustine who said that marriage was the cure for concupiscence? 19 years of marriage and 8 children have not cured him yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MEN!

I am surprised he asked for your permission! I am sure he'll learn from this mistake and just buy them to surprise you next year. By then the lights and rhinestone may very well make it into the picture.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Is that the whole outfit or is there more?

Anonymous said...

I hope you said, yes. They appear so warm and practical, and just think how great they'll look with the evening dresses you usually weare to pick up the kids and do your housework in. ;o)

Dymphna said...

Say yes!

Rebecca said...

I think you should wear them to Mass :-) LOL