New Oxford Review links an "article" written by the pseudonymous Sr. Mary Eve advocating the V* monologues.
The article is here.
It is clear that this is a fraud and I'll explain why:
1. Sr. Mary Eve is an unusual name for a religious. Eve Ensler is the name of the author of the horrible play. Strange coincidence if we believed her.
2. Sr. M.E. claims she has been in the "Traditional Order" for the last 20 years. She is 36. Now I don't know many orders (since St. Therese of Lisieux who needed permission of the Holy Father)that take young ladies at 16. A bit of a stretch to say the least.
3. The photos accompanying the essay look like they were taken at the local Comfort Inn.
4. In 2004 Sr. M.E. claims she was in an undergrad psychology class. Now why in the world would a "traditional nun" be taking a psych class? The answer is that a traditional nun wouldn't be.
5. Finally the dead give away is that no Traditional nun would use the following words as verbs- dialogue and dialoguing and process, and processing.
6. And finally there are two phrases that stand out- "highly unapproved" and "forms of ministry". Now highly unapproved is just awkward and grammatically painful and we are supposed to believe that Sr. M.E. served in various forms of ministry? Traditional nuns don't serve in various forms of ministry- they pursue holiness and sanctity, self abnegation, sacrifice... well you get the picture.
I'm not sure what "Busted Halo" is supposed to be... other than a provocateur- dissident in disguise, quasi-Catholic, apologist for the left. A sad sort of existence to be sure. Be assured that the Traditional orders of nuns are not jumping on this bandwagon that is hurtling over the nearest modernist cliff at high speed.
My guess would be this was written by a Mercy sister or else one of those women who thinks she was "ordained".
It wouldn't be St. Valentine's Day without this unfortunate topic, just like it wouldn't be Christmas without an attack on Fr. Feeney by the Boston Globe. We recognize these pathetic tactics and move on. Tradition is advancing, we're winning, gaining ground and the we count this as the death rattle of the corpse that was the Brave New World of the left. Asta la vista. Baby.